Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Carrot Cake

Birthdays are the best.  


Cake is the best.


It's not hard to see why these two go together so well.


Seeing as I love baking, and I also love birthdays.. When my bestie's birthday rolled around, I slyly (or perhaps not so slyly..) sussed out her favourite types of cake.. Her response was Lemon Meringue Pie.. This scared me slightly. 


Actually it scared me a lot.


Quite a lot..


So instead! I baked her a Carrot Cake.


Because deep down I know she loves Carrot Cake too.


Or at least she does now..


carrot cake

I used Donna Hay's recipe, it's a very simple recipe if you break it down.  I always get flummoxed by recipes with a ton of ingredients and steps.  So with this one I took the time to break it down, separate the instructions and re write it out.  Substituting the sultana's for walnuts, I was pretty happy with the result! Hopefully my bestie was too!




Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment