Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Rice Pudding...

There is something so soothing about being lost in baking.  I find it relaxes me, giving me time to think.. The perfect dessert to cook when in need of some time out? Rice Pudding.


Oh goodness gracious me I LOVE rice pudding... I have recently made the discovery of using arborio rice in my puddings, and wow it makes a difference!!


choc-orange rice pudding

There are many reasons for loving Donna Hay, but spooning melted chocolate over the top of her rice pudding recipe....? Brilliance. 
Total and utter brilliance! High five Donna, high five.
Bake this pudding on a chilly winters evening.

You'll love me for it.


Rice Pudding:
  • 1 cup Arborio Rice
  • 4 cups Milk or 3 1/2 it's up to you how creamy you like it
  • 1/2 cup caster sugar
  • 1 vanilla bean, spilt to scrape seeds

Place the rice, milk, sugar and vanilla in a medium saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook, stirring frequently, for 25–30 minutes or until rice is tender. 


When cooked, you can add 1 cup single pouring cream, and 150gms of melted chocolate to stir through for deliciousness... 
Or! If chocolate isn't for you... Try substituting the caster sugar for brown sugar, and adding a touch of cinnamon... Mmmmmmm......

Serves 4. 

Or, two hungry sweet toothed people with a spoon in the kitchen by the stove.... 

This recipe can keep for up to 4 days in the fridge... Good luck with that.

Xx

1 comment: