Sunday, October 2, 2011

Friendship

When you're a child. You pick your friends based on who's the most fun


Or because you both hated chasey, so you would slink off to the monkey bars together and spend hours hanging upside down giggling instead.


You didn't really sit down and think about it. 


"Hmm, I would like my friend to be kind, and loyal. Fair but challenging and interesting."


That never happened.


As I've gotten older, I've met new people and made new friends, and continued to cherish my older friends. But sometimes it's just so funny how these things turn out. It's really hit me how much I value a supportive friend. Not only a fun friend, but someone who is there for you too. A friend who will encourage you and remember tiny details that even you forget yourself at times (ahem.. 16th of May day) A friend who loves you regardless, and all of your silly, pointless, crazy over the top ideas.  They listen to you, hear you out, sit back and say.. 


You know, you could do that. 


It's all of these tiny valuable attributes that make a beautiful friend. 
I feel lucky to have those friends. 
Those gorgeous supportive friends, who listen to my constantly changing and occasionally, seemingly, impossible ideas... 


"Let's build a giant NOSE for the dance item." 
"We'll DO IT!!"


Or who support my ever changing interior design ideas..


"I think we should paint a chalkboard wall and paint the kitchen yellow!" 
"Let's do it!"


Or those friends who listen to my little stories, and tell me they are the best stories they've ever heard. Or read my blog and constantly let me know their thoughts.


I value each and every single one of you so so much. You make my days brighter, and my life just that little bit easier by knowing I have you around..










Xx

1 comment:

  1. Ditto May... It's the little things that count isn't it. And btw, no Mr Whippy this weekend ;)

    ReplyDelete