Saturday, March 31, 2012

Blackberry Puddle Muffins

My favourite type of mornings, are the ones spent baking in the kitchen..


Sunlight streaming in, coffee in my favourite mug.. Sigh. It makes me so happy.

 Perfect Mornings..

I do love breakfast.. And a good breakfast muffin does not go un-noticed! It can be the perfect little meal in a pretty wrapper, that saves you a plate on a rushed morning, or a warm snack on a chilly Saturday morn..

But, I find most of my muffins come out a bit... well.. tough...

Which I ab-so-lute-ly hate! I figured it must of been the recipe I was using.. So this morning I poured over every cookbook in the house, and scoured the internet - in search of the perfect 'fluffy' muffin recipe.. 

Blackberry Puddle Muffins

And what did I come up with? One simple rule written everywhere...

Don't over stir.

Really?? I wasn't overly convinced. It's just mixing right?

WRONG!

So I went along with my good old tough muffin recipe, and produced these amazing light, fluffy muffins - with a puddle of jam in the middle.

Ah - ma - zing...

Too good not to share... Right?



Puddle Jam Muffins

  • 2 cups Self Raising Flour
  • 1/2 cup of Caster Sugar
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
  • 1 cup of milk
  • Your favourite Jam (I used blackberry)
  • Sprinklings of coconut if you like..

Preheat the oven to 180degrees and line your muffin tins.
Softly place the Self Rasing Flour and Caster Sugar in the bowl, mix through gently and make a well in the centre.
Beat egg, place in seperate bowl.
Add oil and milk to the same bowl as the egg, then pour into the dry ingredients.
Mix together three of four times, untill mixture is moist. There will be clumps and this is OK!!
Spoon 1 tablespoon into your muffin tin, then add 1 teaspoon of Jam. (I added the coconut in here) Covering the Jam up now with an extra tablespoon of muffin mix. Add a little coconut ontop if you wish!
Bake for just under 20minutes at 180degrees.




Makes 12 muffins.


This recipe is a very simple base. You can add any flavour at the end stage to make them your own.  Add banana and chocolate chips! Or cinnamon and apple.. The choice is yours!


Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment