Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Family Dinner Night

Wednesdays have become a little tradition in our house, where we all sit down to dinner and actually talk to each other. Initially I tried to make my boyfriend Sam listen to some Jazz, but seeing as Family Dinner Night has gone from two people to five. I've given up on that now and compromised with the radio... Wednesday nights now also gives me a chance to bust out new recipes I've been dying to try.. Like!


This yummy combination of oven roasted sweetlip snapper, with double roasted cherry tomatoes and capers.. It's such a simple and effective dish, just throw it all in the pan and it's on its way! Roasting the tomatoes and capers first, then adding the fish after half an hour or so.. Serving our entire household plus one scared me a little - so I served it with some spiced couscous and salad. It was light and flavour full!


For a dessert treat we had frozen banana bites.. Banana pieces dipped in melted chocolate and peanut butter... YUMMMMMMM!! When frozen, the banana tastes like ice-cream. So really, it's a treat - but it's also kiiiiiiinda healthy!!



Win win really.

I love how our household is so busy and full of people. I honestly sat back at the dinner table tonight and smiled, looking around at our city family and the crazy conversations we have. It's so nice to be surrounded by happy people that you love..

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment