Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Pancake Day

I woke up this morning and it felt like a Sunday.  Probably because seeing as we've had five days in a row off for Easter, (seven for me.. school holidays!) everyday feels like a Sunday.  Although today especially, because I felt the need to make pancakes.. Yummy, fluffy pancakes.. Mmmmm...

Even though I'd like to think of myself as a sometimes successful baker.  I seemingly have always fallen back on the old ''I can't make pancakes like Greens pancake shake mix can."

Today I tried though, and how easy are pancakes to make!?! I had no idea they were this simple!

Pancake Batter 
  • 1 cup Self Raising Flour
  • 1 cup Milk  (or buttermilk for that creaminess)
  • 1 Egg
  • Dash of Vanilla Essence (because I have a super sweet tooth)

Mix it all together and cook! It will look lumpy, but it doesn't really matter, they cook out.  Easy Peasy!

I have always burnt my pancakes too (did I say I was a baker?? I take it back) so today I turned the heat right down and cooked them slowly. This may seem obvious to some. But it's the first time it has occurred to me.  Like the time I finally realised that instead of squashing every single tomato I cut, I could halve them, turn them over and cut them without mutilating them. Yeah, total chef.

Anyway! For today's pancakes I set the table with raspberries and maple syrup. Plus my old favourite of lemon and sugar.  Such a yummy happy start to our day!




This link has a little recipe for cinnamon berries... Next Sunday we'll be trying that! 

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment