Saturday, July 23, 2011

Coconut Choc Chip Biscuits

I love it when people ask me to bake.


Normally it's me forcing all my foods onto others. Then waiting extremely impatiently, tapping my foot and staring until someone, anyone! Gives me an answer. 


This afternoon, upon a friends horror of finding I did not have any baked goods in the house a request, I invented some Coconut Chocolate Chip Biscuits..


Recipe:

  • 125gms Butter Softened
  • 3/4 cup White Sugar (or brown sugar if you prefer)
  • Dash Vanilla Essence
  • 2 cups Plain Flour (sifted)
  • 1 teaspoon of Baking Powder 
  • 1 cup Dessicated Coconut
  • 1 tablespoon of nutella (optional)
  • 3/4 cup chopped chocolate (I used a mix of white chocolate, milk chocolate chips and dark chocolate chopped)

Cream together butter, sugar and vanilla essence. Fold in flour, baking powder and coconut. If you want the nutella, add it in now. Stir through chocolate chunks and chips. Roll into little balls and bake in a preheated oven of 200degree's for 10-12minutes.


This recipe made about 40 small biscuits, which no word of a lie, I have less than half left.. They disappeared within minutes of taking them out of the oven. 


Xx

ps, I realise this is the second chocolate coconut combination I've shared lately. I promise it's the last!!

No comments:

Post a Comment