Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Loves Potential

This weeks tune of the week (and many of the past few weeks really) is Somebody That I Used To Know, by Gotye. 


I remember, maybe, three or possibly even four years ago.. A wonderful friend named Sophie, came sprinting up to me, breathless with excitement that she, had just sat next to Gotye all through a concert. She worked up the nerve to greet him, and that he was so friendly and kind, they spoke for hours even after the concert, and it made her love his music even more. 


At that time I didn't even know who Gotye was.  But I sure looked him up after that. And also, fell in love with his tunes.. I heard an interview with him on Triple J the other day, and he summed this song up by saying it's about what could have been, loves potential.


His new album will be released on a very lovely date in August, the 19th in fact!


With this song as an indicator, I will definitely be first in line to purchase it..





Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment