Monday, July 11, 2011

Croissant Love

Breakfast is definitely my most favourite meal of the day....... 


To dine out for! 


I've stated on here before about my lack of ability to conjure up a great breakfast during the week.. I have overcome this with healthy breakfast muffin options, and most recently trying as many juice flavours as possible! Apple, carrot and ginger.. Watermelon, apple and pear... Ahh, these flavours of fruity goodness have replaced my weekday morning coffee and keeps me going for hours!




But I digress, healthy weekend breakfasts don't seem as fun.. And although we are happily making our way through every breakfast spot in Perth, our most current favs being Sayers in Leedy and Toast in East Perth.. It is sometimes nice to spend those extra few hours on the couch as the rain falls, making extra cups of French coffees and ginger teas..


Aaaaand mostly recently? Making croissants.. 




Now, I could tell a tall tale and talk about how I made my own pastry and found it really easy..  


But I won't. 


I wouldn't do that to you.


Come weekend mornings, I am lazy. L A Z Y.


I just want to curl up and read my blogs with a very large cup of coffee to sip slowly...
And let my Croissants bake all luscious and golden in the oven..
Simplest recipe ever.
It's not even really a recipe, it's that simple.


Croissants

  • Puff Pastry Sheet cut either in squares or triangle
  • Flavoured filling
  • 1 egg for making golden and pretty croissants

That's it!! 


Cut your defrosted Puff Pastry sheet in to your preferred shape. I use squares, but triangles are just as easy.  Spread your filling into the middle, roll up, curl the ends inwards, brush with egg and pop in the oven on a baking papered tray!  Bake for about ten minutes or so, until golden brown.


Yum! I've been doing Nutella Croissants, and my boyfriend has been loving the Jam Croissants (Side note! For Jam Croissants you must pinch the pastry ends together tight!! Or else the Jam goes everywhere..) There are so many flavour options, the possibilities are endless!




Xx


PS, if you wanted to get all fancy and make your own from scratch? Try this recipe, it was the cutest one I found.. But if Puff Pastry is good enough for Nigella, it's good enough for me!

2 comments:

  1. Breakfast... Definitely the most enjoyable meal to dine out for and one of my favourite past times! In fact, I'm looking forward to a Sayers brekky with my bestie this weekend ;)

    Although lately I have discovered an amazing breakfast to make at home before work/uni (never mind I am usually late and have to whack it in a plastic container to be eaten once I reach my destination). Soak Carmen oats in apple juice overnight, top with thinly sliced pink lady apple (a quarter is all you need), low fat Greek yoghurt and raspberries. Amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. You know that amazing lime and coconut tart that Sayers does - the one with double cream just to eliminate any chance of having a healthy breakfast? Well I have that exact recipe, and yes I will share!

    ReplyDelete