Saturday, March 19, 2011

Lost in the Pages..

A very sweet friend of mine has started an on-line book club.  Every month a different person has the responsibility to choose the next text, and at the end of that month, we all have an on-line discussion.  So far we have read two books. The first was Cleopatra, this novel was so steeped in historical fact and fiction sometimes I felt I lost sight of what was false or reality. Although I did enjoy it, I didn't get very far.. I am determined to finish it though....someday!


Our second book I fell in love with! Daughters of the Witching Hill was written from the perspective of a witch living in 1612 England.  Her character development made me feel that I knew her, understood her magic and the way she chose to use it.  Our discussion about Daughters of the Witching Hill is on April 3rd, I can't wait to read everybody else's thoughts too.


For the month of April we are all reading Water for Elephants. Ohhh gosh oh golly I am soooooo excited to read this!! The day I received this book in the mail, I began walking back to my front door lost in the story already.  If you would like to read along with me please do! I would love to know your thoughts on this story too.






X

No comments:

Post a Comment