Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Sea Salt Caramel Brownies

I don't know what it is lately,  but it seems I can no longer bake. I have lost the touch.  My melting and sifting skills have gone out the window, and I now produce mediocre attempts at serious classics.


Most recently..?  



These Sea Salt Caramel Brownies.. Is this my picture? Umm, no. These look like a success.  I have stated before that I do not posses the skills to photograph food, and it now seems I can no longer bake them either.

This picture alludes to decadent tastes of rich chocolate and salty caramel. Mine were a fail. They came out a half cream/brown chocolate-y colour. And not so decadent. I am going to blame it on ''chocolate syrup''.  This recipe called for chocolate syrup and all I could find was chocolate topping. 
Yeah, I can see how this didn't really work now too.

My boyfriend loved them, and claimed my caramel tasted ''The same as McDonalds caramel sundaes, but different.''

I'm not sure if this is a good or a bad thing.  But considering I slaved over my bench top creating pots of caramel, and then thinking I could have run down the St to the Golden Arches and ''borrowed'' some of their caramel.... Devastates me a little!

I have no doubt that I will attempt these again, because they really look too good to be true! Maybe I can save this batch though, by making buying some ice-cream and mashing it all together to make brownie ice-cream.... mmmmmm.... I think that's an idea!!

X

No comments:

Post a Comment