Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Anna Karenina

Last night one of my very special girlfriends, took me along to the Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts (waapa) performance of Anna Karenina. I have been to quite a few WAAPA performances.. But this was by far my absolute favourite. The love story of Anna was so enthralling, that I honestly found my heart aching along with her pain.  How torn she was deciding between the two lives she had presented before her. How desperately she just wanted to be loved.  I may have even, shed a small tear... Pretty sure I covered it with a casual dabbing of the eye though..



Also, I found it a little hard to believe these performers were only third year students! They performed above and beyond all of my expectations. 

Once I picked this book up, having such a love for Russian history, yet I was never captivated by it.  I think after so thoroughly enjoying this play last night, it's time I gave Anna another go..


Xx

1 comment:

  1. Callie - I have read this book and it is out of this world. Tolstoy is a master craftsman of words and this is just on ebook I will alway slove. A

    ReplyDelete