Sunday, May 29, 2011

Lost in the Pages Take Two.

A while back now I wrote about the bookclub I'm in.  Recently the books chosen by the other members I haven't been so into... Luckily it's a pick and choose type of club, so I'm opting out for the next few months, and have put the word out to my friends and work colleagues for some new novels to become lost in.

And boy have they delivered!

At the moment I am 42pages into Major Pettigrew's Last Stand, by Helen Simonson, and I'm completely hooked.  I can't wait to fall into this story.. That type of love for a book where you want to read it at every moment and think about it all the time.. It helps that the authoress is totally adept at describing the characters English countryside surroundings.. I feel like I'm back there!  


The next book in line is The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows.  To be honest, I have no idea what it's about yet.  I have this very strange habit of not liking to read any blurbs or reviews before I read the book, as they might give away too much information.  Silly I know, but it's a theory that has worked for me so far!

If you have any recommendations let me know! Just don't give me too much information about the story line! :)



Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment