Saturday, May 21, 2011

Peanut Butter Choc Chip Cookies

There is something about rainy days that just make me want to bake.


I spent the entire day yesterday gazing out the window at work, watching the rain pelt down, whilst willing the hours to pass so that I could come home and bake to my little hearts content!


The rain also reminds me of living in U.K.  The chilly winds made me pull my coat tighter - and decide we had to find an English-y pub for dinner! We wanted to find a small pub with counter meals (preferably a roast!) and be able to sit back, with a pint and watch the rain... Unfortunately to my knowledge no such place is available in Perth! As far as my google research went! So we settled for a noisy Irish pub with counter meals served in a booth.. Close enough!


Still wanting to bake but being pressed for time, I decided to only bake one treat.. Peanut Butter Choc Chip Cookies.  To be honest they were so simple it didn't really feel like baking! The mixture was super light and fluffy. Not allot of it made it onto the baking tray due to it's yumminess! Once baked they were also perfect and high - not like the usual flat subway-esk type cookies I usually bake!
A cute little recipe that filled the house with a yummy baking smell whilst the rain fell.




Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies:
  • 125gm Softened Butter
  • 1 cup Brown Sugar
  • Dash of Vanilla Essence
  • 2 Eggs
  • 2 cups of Plain Flour
  • 1 tsp of Bi Carb Soda
  • As many Chocolate Chips as takes your fancy
  • 1 giant tablespoon of Peanut Butter Crunchy
Cream the butter, sugar and vanilla together.  Add the eggs and continue to mix. Fold in flour and bi carb gently, then add and mix in the chocolate chips and peanut butter. Roll teaspoons of dough onto a baking tray, and bake in a preheated oven of 200degrees for 10minutes.


Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment