Monday, May 23, 2011

Water for Elephants

I have an obsession with Elephants at the moment.


Seeing Water for Elephants did not help this cause.  


Our book club read Water for Elephants a few months back, and I absolutely fell in love with the story.  Not just the romance, but the character development and the story of Rosie.


I won't lie, I was a little nervous seeing it.  I had such high expectations that I was a little worried...But I needn't have been, I loved this movie! I adored everything about it.  Every character was as I imagined, and seeing the big top rise up into the sky made me tingle with joy. It's billowing white fabric towering above almost made me feel like I was there..



I really felt how much love there was between Jacob and Marlena.. It was just so romantic! How much they wanted to be together but weren't allowed to be. Sigh.. I really do love love.




But in spite of all that love, the star of the show for me was Rosie.  She was so beautiful and intelligent. Her clever tricks and big cheeky open mouthed grins just stole the show..


I loved it so much I'd see it twice....... Now I just need to find a friend who hasn't seen it yet.... Hmm.. Any takers?? :)


Xx

1 comment: