Thursday, May 26, 2011

Pop Tarts

Who doesn't LOVE pop tarts. Like, seriously.

Over the weekend I invented some without following a recipe (not highly recommended...) and they turned out quite interesting... Overly flaky pastry and leaky sides.. Yet the filling was amazing! Yay! My old favourite of peanut butter and dark chocolate pieces! droooollll....

Really though, I figured, I probably shouldn't be eating chunks of dark chocolate for breakfast. And seeing as they got quite a positive reaction from my boyfriend and house mates. I decided to give them another crack. Properly..


Using this recipe, I enjoyed inventing with all the different flavours and mixtures.  I used my Mums homemade apple and peach jam for one set of pop tarts (adding a teeny smidge of cornflour to thicken the jam), a plain nutella batch, and a mix of peanut butter and nutella. Just because we all know how I feel about that combination of flavours..


Shall I just say, Homemade Pop Tarts = LOVE.




I'm going to teach my house mates how to make them next, because they are so tasty and simple they're disappearing fast! There's a big chance we'll fake the pastry with some defrosted short crust though. But hey, big time saver when there's couch time to be had. And to be honest, they taste similar enough and are just as impressive!

I hope you give them a go! They are amazing...


Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment